New volunteers are always welcome! NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED! Get in touch with us!
- Responders are required by the HSE to be over 18 years of age.
- There is no upper age limit but since CPR is a very physically demanding task, volunteer responders must be physically fit.
- Responders must be inside the catchment area while on call, e.g. at home or their place of work.
- Volunteers also need to have a full driving licence and access to a car to enable them to respond to calls.
In terms of time commitment:
- Volunteers will have to undergo initial training including CPR & AED training, Simulated Scenario Training and Child & Vulnerable Adult Protection training.
- Ongoing time commitment: we have a 2hr training session (8-10pm) on the 2nd Monday of each month which volunteers are expected to attend, and it would be expected that volunteers would be available to be ‘on call’ once or twice per month.
We also have a number of other volunteer roles if being a responder isn’t for you! Click here for more information.